Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

When KarlLagerfeld did his collection for H&M last year, though it would have been cool to own a bit of Lagerfeld's work, I thought most of his designs were unwearable and unflattering. In the January sales in London, rails of his puffy black frocks remained untouched.

Stella McCartney was a whole different story. After getting so much flak and accusations of using her father's name and her model friends to launch her career, she has really shown talent. I'm practical, I have no patience for unwearable designer wear and for overpriced clothes which I could never afford unless I inherit an middle eastern oil fund miraculously.

So it was with great anticipation that I awaited November 9th. Friend of mine in UK offered to get me Stella's collection for H&M once it was launched. Afterall, they were a fraction of the price it would be for her normal range.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

But then I received a text saying 'Stella's collection sold out within 20 minutes at Oxford Street store'.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My hopes were dashed and a search on ebay displayed the wonders of fashion profiteering. In San Francisco people queued from 4am at least.

Anyway good news, new stock! In selected H&M stores November 25th.
London: Oxford Circus, 360-366 Oxford Street, Kensington High Street, Brompton Road, Knightsbridge and Brent Cross Shopping Centre.


J'adore Couture 11:10 AM




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Main
Links